Skip to Main Content
Parents & Students

Student Enrollment

All K-12 student enrollment is processed at the board of education.

Pre-School student enrollment is processed at the local school. Click here for more information about our Pre-K program.

To expedite the enrollment process the enrollment packet should be completed beforehand.

Students who completed the previous school year in kindergarten through grade eleven at a Twiggs County School and have not changed address do not need to register.

At the beginning of the school year, information, such as school orientation schedules for new students and parents, is printed in local papers approximately one week prior to the opening of school. Bus stops and schedules are also printed in local papers the week prior to the opening of school. Bus schedules are not available until this time.

A parent or guardian must accompany the student for enrollment and have proper identification. Parents or guardians must reside in Twiggs County in order for their children to attend Twiggs County Schools. 

The following items must be presented at the time of enrollment:

  • Verification of Residency

    Two official documents indicating residence in the attendance area must be provided. The following is a representative sample of documents that may be requested for verification of residency:

    • A copy of home mortgage payment book
    • A copy of a residence sales contract
    • A current utility bill (light bill, gas bill, water bill, etc)
    • A copy of a house, condo or apartment lease or rental agreement
    • A receipt to have utilities connected
  • The two documents should bear the name of the person signing as the permanent resident / parent or guardian of the dwelling. This verifies a Twiggs County residence address for the dwelling and should provide documentation that the residence is in the school attendance area.

    The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act defines homeless children and youth as those who lack a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence. As an addition to other conditions defining homelessness within the federal legislation, families living with others due to loss of housing, economic hardship or similar reason are now considered part of this population. Under this provision, Congress requires State and local educational agencies to ensure that such individuals are provided with equal access to an education as other children and youth.

    Should you have any questions concerning specific rights under this provision, and would like details concerning what families experiencing homelessness need to know, please contact the Twiggs County Public Schools Homeless Liaison, Mr. Benjamin Roundtreee, at (478) 945-3127.

  • Emergency Phone Numbers

    Parents should come prepared to provide the school with the following phone numbers: residence, work numbers, and local emergency contact (Pager numbers and cell phone numbers are accepted, but not preferred as they may be temporary or not engaged at the time of an emergency.)
  • Proof of Birth 

    A certified copy of the student’s birth certificate or other legal document showing birth date and names of biological parents is required for enrollment for students in all grades.

    If your child was born in another state, you may obtain a certified birth certificate from the courthouse in the county in which he/she was born. Charges vary from state to state.

    Kindergarten and first grade students entering public school for the first time must be age five on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten, and must be age six on or before September 1 to enter first grade.

    High School students who have not attained the age of 21 by September 1 or received high school diplomas of the equivalent are eligible for enrollment in appropriate education programs, provided they have not dropped out of school for a period of one semester or more. Special education students are eligible for enrollment through age 21.

  • The Student's Social Security Card
    Parents are requested to provide an official copy of the child’s social security number to the proper school authorities. Parents or guardians who object to submitting a social security number or application may receive a waiver by signing a statement objecting to this requirement.

  • Verification of Guardianship
    Appropriate records for verification of guardianship are as follows:

    • A divorce decree granting joint physical custody or sole custody to a Twiggs County resident
    • An amendment to the divorce decree by the court granting the divorce
    • A temporary order for placement through probate court
    • Placement documents issued through juvenile court and/or DFACS
  • ​​Georgia Immunization Certificate (Form 3231) or an Equivalent 

    (All Students Entering Georgia and All Students Transferring from Other Georgia Schools)

    DHR Certificate of Immunization Form 3231 is required all students entering Georgia Public Schools for the first time. Students entering grade six must provide proof of immunity to chicken pox and a second MMR. Students born on or after January 1, 1985 must also show proof of vaccination for Hepatitis B. Click here for a sample copy of the 3231.

    Out-of-state and day care forms are not acceptable. Records may be transferred to Georgia forms at local health departments or at your private physician’s office.
  • Georgia Eye, Ear, and Dental Certificate (Form 3300)

    (All Students Entering Georgia Schools for the First Time)

    This can be obtained from a Georgia County Health Department or private physician, and dentist.

  • Documentation of Grade Placement (Grades 1-12)

    This may include a withdrawal form, current report card, or high school transcript. Official documents verifying grade placement are required for permanent placement. Eligibility for special education must be verified by a current IEP prior to placement in special education classes.

    Students entering Twiggs County Schools from home schools, both in Twiggs County and outside of Twiggs County, must register their intent to enroll with the Student Services Department prior to enrollment at their local school. Mr Tyrone Bacon, Data Collections Director, can be reached at or at (478) 945-3127.

    Individual testing of students enrolling from non- accredited home school or private school programs to validate grade placement or unit credit is conducted at the local school. All coursework earned in non-accredited programs is documented as pass or fail in Twiggs County Schools records based on test results.

  • Discipline Information (grades 7 and higher)

    A certified copy of the disciplinary record from the school previously attended in addition to the academic transcript is required. A student may be admitted on a conditional basis if a student or his parent or guardian signs a document with the name and address of the school last attended which authorizes the release of all academic and disciplinary records to the new school.  The parent must also complete the Disciplinary Information Form that requires disclosure of information regarding expulsion or suspension of the student from the previous school or system.

Upcoming Events

July 29


Start: Jul 29, 2024 End: Aug 2, 2024

Multi-Day Event

August 3

Open House

All Day Event

August 13

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.